GSCSNJ wants everyone to have a safe, fun time at our camp properties. The Girl Scout motto is "Be Prepared." We ask that you please go over the information below with your daughter.
- Always have a buddy. Never walk anywhere alone when you're in camp.
- Always let an adult know where you and your buddy are going. You should agree on a time to return to your group.
- Wear the appropriate socks and shoes. This is important to protect your feet and avoid accidents. You don't want to get blisters, cuts or scrapes on your feet - that will really cut down on your activities (No flip-flops).
- Dress for the weather. Check the weather forecast. Wearing layers is the easiest way to control how comfortable you feel when you're outdoors.
- Remember, even if it doesn't rain, the grass can be wet in the morning and evening. You might want to bring an extra pair of shoes. You'll definitely want extra socks to keep your feet warm.
- Agree on a meeting place in camp if there is an emergency.
- Read GSUSA's "Activity Checkpoints" to assure everyone's safety. Leaders, parents and girls should be familiar with these guidelines.
Outdoor Training and First Aid/CPR certification is required for adults taking girls camping.
Below are information packets and maps of each camp that include general rules, emergency numbers and how to reach the Camp Ranger.