All GSCSNJ camps are accredited by the American Camp Association (ACA) and are certified in accordance with the NJ Youth Camp Safety Act. Why is this important?
Safety is our #1 priority. We want to make sure that your daughter has a wonderful time at camp. We go above and beyond to ensure her safety.
ACA Accreditation means that your child’s camp cares enough to undergo a thorough (up to 300 standards) review of its operation — from staff qualifications and training to emergency management. American Camp Association collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth-serving agencies to assure that current practices at your child’s camp reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation. Camps and ACA form a partnership that promotes growth and fun in an environment committed to safety.
ACA helps member camps provide:
- Healthy, developmentally appropriate activities and learning experiences
- Discovery through experiential education
- Caring, competent role models
- Service to the community and the environment
- Opportunities for leadership and personal growth